Arkansas Drug Director
Arkansas Alcohol and Drug Abuse Coordinating Council - Per Arkansas Code § 20-64-1002, the Council possesses the following functions, powers, and duties, among others:
* Oversight of all planning, budgeting, and implementation of expenditures of state and federal funds allocated for alcohol and drug education, prevention, treatment, and law enforcement.
* Review of all federal money received by the State of Arkansas for drug law enforcement, education, or prevention for disbursement, accountability, and evaluation.
* Review and coordination of all school–based drug education, prevention, and awareness programs and efforts funded by the state
* Assistance to community-based prevention organizations in planning and coordinating prevention activities, promotion of innovative programs, development of stable funding sources, and dissemination of current information.
* Collaboration with federal, state, county, and local law enforcement agencies to ensure an integrated system of enforcement activities.