In November, AHPP will be Sandwiching in History at the Taylor Log House and Site at 184 Plantation Ln. in Tillar, Drew County!
Join us November 3 at noon!
The Taylor House was built in 1846 by Dr. John Taylor and his wife, Mary Robertson Taylor. The two-story, dogtrot-style house is on the west bank of Bayou Bartholomew. It was the hub of the 11,000-acre Hollywood Plantation. The Taylor House was donated to the University of Arkansas at Monticello in 2012. Extensive restoration work was completed in 2022, and the site will be used to interpret the history of one of Arkansas’s earliest major cotton plantations.