Congratulations on choosing to move to Arkansas!
While moving here from another state is an exciting experience, it can also be overwhelming. Below are some things to consider and do that can help make the process easier.
1. Obtain a new driver’s license and register your vehicle —You will need to obtain an Arkansas driver’s license and register your vehicle within 30 days of becoming a resident. Visit your local DMV office to complete these tasks. https://mydmv.arkansas.gov/
2. Update your voter registration – Make sure you update your voter registration to your new address in Arkansas, so you can participate in upcoming elections. https://www.sos.arkansas.gov/elections/voter-information/voter-registration-information
3. Research the cost of living – Take some time to research the cost of living in Arkansas and compare it to your previous state. This will help you budget accordingly and avoid any financial surprises.
4. Find a new healthcare provider – Research healthcare providers in your area and find a new primary care physician and dentist.
5. Transfer your utilities and services – Contact your current utility providers to disconnect services and arrange for services to be transferred to your new Arkansas address.
6. Find a new bank – If your current bank does not have branches in Arkansas, consider opening a new account with a local bank or credit union.
7. Get involved in the community – Join local clubs or organizations, attend community events, or volunteer for a cause you care about. You’ll meet new people and feel more connected to your new home.